Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weekly Update - October 15, 2008

Photos from last week are available in Our Store here. These are just some of the highlights.

Sorry for the late update, I pulled a muscle in my back Tuesday picking up my camera apparently. I've never had any back problems like this before, and it's amazingly crippling...I feel like such an invalid right now. I've been taking pain medicine and it's keeping me pretty knocked out...

*UPDATE* Back is feeling much better, thanks for all the advice and concern. Earlier today Lori hit it with a heated, massager for a bit, then hand massaged for as long as her gimpy hands could take it. It hurt like hell, but it was a good hurt, and I felt much better afterwards, but it was still not gone. Then a few hours ago, it just started feeling better. We've got an appointment today for a one hour massage at a D.A.I.Y.E.* spa over in Knoxville, so that should snuff out the last of the pain.

Moving on to the Gap update...despite having only one car group on the calendar last week, it was quite busy. The weather was perfect, and there were no serious incidents that I know of. Police presence was pretty reasonable until late Sunday when they flooded the road again for some reason.

This week things are cooling down a bit, with highs in the high 60s. The leaves are really starting to light up now, and should peak within the next couple of weeks. I hope you're having fun with what's left of the summer wherever you're at. On to the highlights!

* it's a Zoolander thing.

18 comments:

MB said...

Find a Chiropractor ASAP. I was the same... never had back problems and I was layed up for a good month or two before I broke down and saw a Chiropractor.... I thought it was a muscle and it truned out to be a slightly herniated disc.

ratrider955 said...

Man, I can empathize with you. I've been living with a degenerative disc for a couple of years now. I agree with moto, find a good chiropractor and see if that helps.

bigd said...

I've had back problems for over 20 years and I say see an orthopedist. That's their field. Chiropractors have never done the trick for me.

Unknown said...

I concur with David! I had two herniated discs, had surgery now I have degenative disc disease...the back is nothing to play with!

Katoom119 said...

I just swallow as much Advil as I can stand and move as much as possible. Always works the soreness out for me. That and heat to cold treatments.

I stay far, far, far away from chiropractors.

GPJerry said...

What ever treatment you choose, get better fast. :-)

Wrenchmeister said...

It is called AGE... LOL

JK. I hope you get better soon. I can relate with the frustration of not being able to use our body same way we did. ... We need you here posting motorcycles and other things ;-), to keep our sanity (or insanity)

james scott said...

1st, get better. 2nd, get someone else to post the photos as you recover. 3rd, buy a lighter weight camera. 4th, redundancy, we your viewers need backup - train Killgurl. My Wednesday is shot. Okay, seriously, get better and ignore 2-4.

Bonegirl said...

As an x-ray tech, I won't say too much for the chiropractor idea until you know you're well enough to see one...more importantly, chill, relax, don't worry about us...we'll all be fine! Feel better soon!

Ralph F. Couey said...

Rest easy, Old Man. We'll be just fine.

Aleve works wonders for me, BTW...

Anonymous said...

Right there with you. I think it must be something in the water. Woke up on Friday feeling good. Suddenly, BAM. Been living on prednisone and vicodin this past weekend. Get better soon.

kbmom said...

Sounds like my baby boy has had too many birthdays, hehe, not funny. Hard to get around when you can't breathe for the pain. Chiropractor ?? some are great, some are not. You just have to find the right one that works for your pain. Meanwhile, do the heat then cold thing (use a bag of frozen food wrapped in a towel) and get some BIOFREEZE Pain Relieving Gel in roll-on if possible. Wal-Mart doesn't carry it so look at a drug store (Google Image it so you know what you are looking for) it is great. Take it from yo momma and my sciatic nerve pain. It is the only thing that even starts to work for me. Hope you are feeling better real soon. ^^ ^^ ^^
Hey Lori ^^ ^^

Deets said...

well post a pic of your injury like Lori did with hers...then well decide how to fix ya

Darryl Cannon aka "killboy" said...

Nothin' to see here unless you enjoy blindness due to exposure to the whitest surface in the known universe.

ky_airhog said...

Question.... is there a specific date that Parson Branch and Rich Mtn Road close for winter? Thinking about bringing the truck and riding some backroads for a change... maybe around 11/1.

FLDynaLowRider said...

Glad to hear your doing better! Take Care and Ride On!

Scott said...

OK. Seriously D, now she's PLAYING a nurse and.....and.........no pictures??? ;)

You're going to hear a lot of advice on how to cure your back, but it's like dieting, results WILL vary.

Just take it easy and enjoy the massages. Oh, and get Lori a Gripmaster™ so she can build up her massaging muscles. :D

LVCRVS said...

Hope you are feeling better and please, no pics of the injury!!! : ]