Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No pressure or anything.

The distant, low angle makes them look closer, don't start getting all pissy people. They've been acting pretty reasonable overall...mostly just making a presence. They write a few tickets each day, but nothing crazy like a couple of years ago. Although I did hear a THP got someone Saturday morning for 8 over, (sheesh) I was also told by a good friend that later they were setup in a turn and pulling only people who crossed the center, letting them slide somewhat for speed, as long as they were well within their own lane.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it shows that the speed limit is WAY to slow.

K03gsxr750 said...

Pete if there was 45mph there would be SUV's blowing through corners into the other lane / trees / other people. The speed limit is a safe average for all the traffic on that road.

I'm glad the LEO's are finally figuring out how much of an impact they can have on tourism in that area.

zeekster said...

Gee! I remember when the "limit" was 55 MPH! I don't think they were runnin into the other lane more then they do now...jus sayin...

EvilZed said...

I'm just glad there busting the lane crossers.

AggieSkabarbro said...

35 or 40 gets my vote

Andrew said...

Got hit Friday for 46 in a 30, kinda peeved me, all of the bikes pulled over were sportbikes, THP was writing the tickets, yeah I was going a little fast but I was stuck behind several cruisers that day that were spending a lot of time in the left lane. I had rather be sharing the road with a local that is breaking the speed limit than a tourist that is in the wrong lane anyday.