Monday, February 13, 2006

At The Gap There Be Snowmen!


We got about 3-4 inches of fresh snow up on the dragon Saturday nite. I made a run thru in the car Sunday morning not even knowing it was so beautiful, so I went back home to get the camera :-) I thought you guys would enjoy some of these rare shots of snow up on the hill. It was pretty breathtaking. Road was amazingly clear as they had been salting - passed the salt truck once, as well as a Blount LEO making sure nobody slid off the mountain.

Thanks to some kewl stitching software, I was able to combine 10 separate shots into this panorama (above), taken from the outside of shade tree corner. It makes a pretty kewl desktop picture.

Darryl and Lori have been up at the show, so I thought I'd do an update and yesterday's shots (below) was a great day to get out on the hill.

Sorry I didn't actually find any snowmen (I almost became one nearly falling down the bank to get this picture), but I did see a few locals out enjoying the day / rare snowfall.

The store opens up in about 2 weeks, and we'll be starting the 06 season as soon as that happens.

If you see my civic or f4i, stop by and say hi!

David :-)

6 comments:

PuppetMaster2u said...

What a fantastic photo...

Brian A said...

Great work David!
The stitched pic was awesome.
Glad to see you out enjoying The Gap - it sure looks pretty.

See you when the weather is warmer.

Brian

redxxrdr said...

David,
Thanks for showing us the gap in winter. As a Florida boy, I always love to see snow.
Hope to catch Darryl and Lori at the Atlanta IMS. Can't wait to see you all when it warms.
Craig

proto-usa.com said...

Love the Winter Dragon Photos!!! Nice job on the one above!

Darryl Cannon aka "killboy" said...

Nice update Dave, thanks!

Just came through on the way home tonight (Tuesday, 2/14) and it was still pretty salty. Kinda fun in the AWD, but had a few interesting moments on the brakes.

David Spotts said...

Thanks for all the compliments folks ... I'm glad you enjoyed the pics ... I really love the panorma shot too and have it as a desktop pic on my laptop ... You can download a hi-resolution version from here (10 MB) ... I may try making a large print as I just love this perspective of this corner...